Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Dilemma

I have an issue. It is a small issue. Here it is: I am no Wicked fan. There is no need for me to say that to any of you, because God knows I've said it enough in the past. I am, however, a big fan of Brynn O'Malley. She's taking over as Nessa on the tour. Do I go see her? I don't know if I'm willing to shell out any amount of money to sit through Wicked again. There are better things I could be seeing. But doesn't she look just darling in headbands and a wheelchair? I know I've said that Lea Michele is the only person who could ever get me back to Wicked, but I've come to the conclusion that Broadway will never get her back. This, friends, is what we call The Next Best Thing. While I was typing that, it occurred to me that Brynn would have been a great Wendla, and an even better Mary Poppins. She's one of those underrated treasures, like Allison Guinn or Kacie Sheik. So my mind is as yet un-made up.

On a similar note, I've updated my fall roster. My list of prospective shows for this fall now includes:

Ragtime
Streetcar
The Royal Family
God of Carnage
Oleanna
Superior Donuts
Next to Normal
Hair


Santa Claus, take your pick.


I think today I will be dragging Maisie to the movies with me. Last week we saw Whip It, which was, for the record, great. Ellen Page is my freaking hero. This week's movie du jour is Paranormal Activity. I'm not really into horror movies, but I want to see for myself if it's really that scary. It's pretty easy to scare me, and I love scaring other people. I once hid in my grandmother's closet for two hours just to scare my brother when he went to get his coat. Two hours spent smelling mothballs and trying not to laugh were worth it just to hear the scream. I'm hopelessly immature.

1 comment:

Marisa said...

you already know you are going to see ragtime...so you should take it off the list.