Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Losing My Mind

We are not going to talk about the new tribe. Except Annaleigh Ashford as Jeanie. 'Cause that's pretty epic casting.

Instead, I turn your attention to my amazing night at Joe's Pub. I haven't had so much fun in a long, long, long time. Kacie Sheik and Caissie Levy were fantastic, even if Sheik is prone to making weird faces when she sings. But I thoroughly enjoyed myself. And this negative bitch laughed. I was so excited that my hands were shaking too hard to hold a camera, so Lenora was the night's photographer. And she was wonderful at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QcupUu40Q8
Sweet Jesus, they did I Will Never Leave You. I would say I inwardly freaked out, but I didn't. I let out a banshee's shriek of surprise and segued into hysterical, overwhelmed, underfed laughter. And I think I mumbled something like, "Holy crap...SIDE SHOW" to Lenora, but it's a fuzzy memory. All I know is I cried. Out of shock, out of nostalgia, out of joy. Joy. Overwhelming, intense, crack your face and fill your lungs with helium joy. The kind of joy that won't let you stand up or walk because your legs have turned to jelly. And it's my very, very favorite emotion.

Okay, I can't help myself. George Berger. He's my second-favorite Hair character, and he is an immature, hurtful, scruffy, sex maniac. So suck on that, Ace Young. You're on your own now, prettyboy.

1 comment:

Marisa said...

my pictures were awesome, i know...by the way, emailing pictures isn't a sin...