Saturday, May 22, 2010

WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN?

I don't usually post Broadwaysecrets here. It's just something I don't do, like getting up at intermission. But I had to post this one, because I just don't know what else I can do. Whoever made this should be locked up somewhere.

Stranger danger lesson: It is NOT okay to touch other people's kids without their permission. It is NOT okay to be star struck by a baby. AND IT IS NOT OKAY TO TOUCH A STRANGER'S KID WHEN HE'S NOT LOOKING! Jesus Christ, people.

Anyway, inkpop grows more exasperating by the minute. Aside from vampires, you know what really grinds my gears? People who insist upon giving their characters ridiculous names or ridiculous spellings of normal names. Seriously. I can no longer tolerate reading about Sharlotte or Traysee or Brok or Rayne. I just can't take it anymore. Oh, and I can't stand stories about "faeries." The word is fairy. Spelling it differently doesn't make you any cooler and it doesn't make your played-out story more original. My book reviews are getting increasingly caustic, but when I think something is good I say so. I'm not here to tear down everybody's dreams. But I'm not afraid to say it when I don't like something, and I'm not afraid for someone to tell me they don't like my work. I'd rather hear it from them than from the publishers. I expect honesty and I give honesty in return. So if your stupid repetitive vampire book is boring, I'm gonna tell you so and we'll all find some way to live with that.

1 comment:

Marisa said...

1. thats really creepy
2. hang in there..in 8 days, you could be #9! :)