Thursday, December 23, 2010

My Year at the Theeyater

So my buddy Kimber bought me La Cage tix for the ninth. WOOO! Third row. I didn't even know she new I was a La Cage fan, but far be it from me to deny anyone the chance to visit my favorite gay cabaret. I also found out about my Angels in America tickets two days too early. I'm a real bitch with surprises. Nobody gets anything by me.



I've seen a decent amount of shows this year. Let's see what I can actually remember.



1/10 Ragtime

1/22 Night Music

1/29 Jersey Boys

1/30 Next to Normal

2/21 God of Carnage

3/7 Hair

4/3 Next to Normal

4/? Cats

5/2 Next to Normal

6/13 Sondheim on Sondheim

6/30 American Idiot

7/18 Next to Normal

8/13 Night Music

9/4 American Idiot

9/4 La Cage

11/26 Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson



There's probably some I'm forgetting, but that's enough for anyone. The best was Ragtime, and the worst was that goddamn Cats. In fact, it was the worst thing I've ever seen. Let's focus on the positive, though. I've never in my life seen anything as wonderful as Ragtime, and I doubt I ever will again. I may be exaggerating a little. Not everyone loved the production. But I did. And this is MY damn blog, thanks. My memory has probably built it up to be better than it was. But not by much.

1 comment:

Marisa said...

I must say, it has been a long year of shows. Now look at the list and count how many I wasn't allowed to go to.

Anyway, wouldn't it be wonderful to add Driving Miss Daisy to the list??