Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Reaching the Nation

Hello, my 31 darlings. I've been checking up on my blog hits, and apparently one of my regular readers lives in Alaska. That can only mean one thing, folks. SARAH PALIN READS MY BLOG! Lenora was right all along. Because clearly, nobody else lives in Alaska. Everybody say, "Hi, Sarah!" Now say, "We don't like you very much, Sarah!" I'm so faux excited, I don't even know what to do with myself.

So I watched Glee tonight, and contemplated the fact that Lea Michele ain't never coming back to Broadway. And that got me thinking about how much I loved and continue to love Spring Awakening. Getting nostalgic here. I miss it so much. By the time I started my blog, my ardor for the show had cooled a lot, but there was a period from about June 2007 to January 2008 when it was all the mattered to me. I know that sounds scary, but I just adored this show. I ate, drank, and breathed Spring Awakening. And I was happier than I think I've ever been in my life. This picture fills me up with joy. It's a shot of the original cast, plus Steven Sater, who I haven't thought about in months, and Duncan Sheik, more-talented older brother of Kacie. I love and miss this show. That's all I can say, but you should know by now that I'm most likely gonna say more. Yes, I love Hair. Yes, I admit it may possibly be better than Spring Awakening was. But here's the thing - I'm always gonna love Spring more. I just am. There are shows that are better than this one. I know that for a fact; I've seen them. But this one is closest to my heart. It kind of osmosed itself into my life, and it's part of who I am now. Which is not to say that I go around taking killer abortion pills. Isn't this just a great picture, though? Oh, Lea. You were a spotlight hog even back then. It's kind of funny to see Jenn Damiano, pre-Tony nom, back when she was a deep-voiced fifteen-year-old. I liked her better when she was a deep-voiced fifteen-year-old.
Ah, Jesus, I'm relapsing. Okay, that's it for now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFWg3t52ppA&feature=related This may be my favorite song of all time. I was in Bryant Park for this. I almost had heatstroke. Good times.

1 comment:

Marisa said...

i bet you that you'll have 30 readers now since you insulted alaska and the person from alaska is probably offended....unless it is sarah palin..that would be probable.

i didnt know glee was back! although for some reason im alot less excited then i thought i would be