Monday, December 28, 2009

Shit.

Yes, I heard. Son of a bitch. So Ragtime is closing for real this time. Of course I'm upset, don't ask me that. It's such a wonderful show. This just broke my heart. Lenora tells me to think about Night Music, Next to Normal, and Jersey Boys. God help me, screw 'em all. Well, not Alice Ripley. Still loving Alice. But, God, why does this happen to all the good ones?

Don't ask me if I'll be at closing. I was just told that I owe it to them, and I owe it to myself. What complete and utter bullshit. I'm not going. Screw all the sentimental loyalty crap, because nobody cares about that. Nobody cared when it was running, and now nobody will care about the closing. One more person that doesn't care will not make a difference.

So here is what I know now - Christiane Noll was unbelievable. The whole show was lovely. There are no other shows left that I really care about.