Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Woody and Tinny

In my years of writing and liftetime of talking, I've developed a passion and a tremendous distaste for words. When you're up at four in the morning lying on the kitchen floor because you dropped an eighty-page manuscript on your way back from the printer, you come across words. And you learn to love and hate them. Duck and strap in, folks. It's time for another list.

WORDS I LIKE:
snap
click
key
copy
batch
placid
tumultuous
glide
cleanliness
clench
inherent
intrinsic
grotto
lagoon
glass
shut
slender
moon
ravenous
pact
slide
clutch

WORDS I HATE:
frothy
assorted
dweeb
tidbit
refresh and all its variations
soothe
laundry
beverage
vein
saliva
fault
ill
stoop


Or maybe I'm just talking to myself again.

1 comment:

Marisa said...

I must say:
The moon was so glassy last night that I clutched to my bed shutting our of the world of the slenderness of time, and sliding through the ravenous clench of the world, into the dark grotto where I say my sufferings in the dark black pit.