Thursday, January 7, 2010

I Made My Mind Up Back in Chelsea

There's a quote from Gone With the Wind that goes - "Only Ellen and her mammy ever knew the whole story of the night when the girl sobbed till the dawn like a broken-hearted child and rose up in the morning a woman with her mind made up." Of course, I don't have a mammy and I don't cry over trivial idiotic things like this, but that quote has stuck with me. I repeat it to myself whenever I'm faced with a decision.

So my mind is made up. I'll go see God of Carnage. Scintillating, I know. I certainly did not cry over this, and it didn't take me very long to make the decision. I was sitting in Spanish class. I dropped my pen. I leaned over to get it. I thought, "I think I'll go see God of Carnage."

Anyway, that should be fun. I like straight plays, but can rarely find anyone willing to see one with me. After August: Osage County, Berri turned up her Rent-loving nose and vowed never to see a straight play again. (You know what, August is awesome. I'll not have people telling me it isn't.)

And I learned how to do the hora today. L'chaim.

1 comment:

Marisa said...

god of carnage is a good show to pick...i find it more sad that you can't find a good musical