Sunday, January 10, 2010

She Wanted to Say

I'm back, and I really wish I weren't. Ragtime's gone. It's over. The era of Ragtime has run out. I have been to many closings of many shows, but this was the only one I am not willing to let go. I've always been able to accept the fact that shows close. Not this one. I know it's over. I logically know that there will be no more performances. I don't accept it. I don't know why I can't accept it. All I know is this show deserved so, so, so much better. It was hands down the best thing I've ever seen. I wasn't sure of that before this afternoon. Now I am.

I don't know what to do right now. I need to work on my book. I need to set a date for God of Carnage. I need to get my clothes ready for tomorrow. All I want to do is lie in bed and think about what I have just seen. Why didn't I go see it as much as I possibly could while there was still time? What was stopping me? Jesus. I regret that now.

It's a day of peace.
A day of pride.
A day of justice we have been denied.
Let the new day dawn.
Oh, Lord, I pray.
We'll never get to heaven till we reach that day.

Ragtime
11/15/09 -1/10/10

1 comment:

Marisa said...

at least you saw it....it sounds winderful, i can make believe that I actually did see it and loved it...